Manage dietary personnel and ensure quality customer service. Schedule and train dietary staff as well as follow all facility, state, and federal guidelines pertaining to dietary services. Assist the Director of Culinary Services and the consulting dietician in managing the nutritional care of all residents in the Health Care Center (HCC).
We offer 401k, paid vacation, dental and medical.
- Ensure all residents and guests in the Health Care Center (HCC) are served professionally and at the scheduled time with emphasis on maintaining proper food safety and presentation.
- Staying up to date and following all physicians’ orders for resident meals, also showing presence at time of service for all residents.
- Provide varied and nutritional guidelines, meeting menus as approved by dietician and physician.
- Monitor HCC food production to ensure proper recipe adhesion, proper amounts being made as well as appropriate substitutions being done and documented.
- Work with other managers to ensure all equipment is in safe and running order; proper food safety and sanitation techniques are being followed.
- Ensure continued training of staff for state, federal, and facility guidelines. This includes weekly and monthly audits. Monitoring forms/paperwork are being completed.
- Assist in hiring, training, counseling, scheduling, managing, and disciplining employees as needed. Scheduling of staff must stay within allotted hours with any overtime needing prior approval from the Director of Culinary Services.
- Responsible for ordering all foods and beverages that are not part of the main meal menus, while adhering to the budget.
- Assist in evaluating nutritional needs and status of residents with the dietician and nursing staff.
- Assure that staff and self complete all continuing education and in-services as needed or directed.
- Assist in planning and presenting in-service education for dietary employees.
- Assist in monitoring and completing all forms and logs as required by facility, state and federal guidelines for service and food safety in a timely manner.
- Respectful and open communication with residents, staff, and other managers.
- Maintain presence in the HCC dining room during meal times.
- Must have menus and recipes reviewed and completed two weeks prior to the start of rotation.
- Direct and supervise HCC dietary functions and personnel.
- Keep diet cards updated.
- Review staff work performance as needed and complete timely annual evaluations.
- Participate in department head meetings and all other meetings assigned.
- Assure all food/supplies are available for use by dietary employees.
- Update HCC dining room seating chart as needed.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, residents, vendors and other service providers.
- Performs tasks and duties as necessary and as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have taken or be willing to take all state, federal and facility required certificates including ServSafe/CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) preferred.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- At least one year of experience in a food service setting.
- Must be able to work long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
October 18, 2023